KAFR LĀM – HAIFA DISTRICT
32°38′15″N / 34°56′5″E
1948: Population 394; Houses 50 (1931)
Occupation date: July 16, 1948
Occupying forces: Carmeli Brigade
Occupation operation: The 10-days battles
Post 1948: In 1949 Moshav HaBonim was established on the village site by Zionist immigrants from South Africa and Britain. HaBonim members first settled in empty village homes; in 1952–53 new houses were constructed, and most of the village houses demolished.9 In 1949 Ein Ayala moshav was established on village land by immigrants from Czechoslovakia.
Today: The large house of the mukhtār (the head of the village) serves as the moshav secretariat and library; the remains of a Crusader fortress, which was part of the village, sprawl across an unkempt, overgrown field strewn with rubble.
Official Israeli name: None