‘AMQA – ACRE DISTRICT
32°58′43″N / 35°10′2″E
1948: Population 626; Houses 165
Occupation date: July 11, 1948
Occupying forces: Sheva’ (7th) Brigade and 21st Battalion, Carmeli Brigade
Occupying operation: Operation Dekel
Post 1948: In 1949 Moshav Amka was established for immigrants from Yemen, at first in the village houses, and then just north of the village site. In the late 1950s the Israeli government ordered the Israeli army to destroy the majority of the surviving Arab buildings.12
Today: Several houses remain and have been taken over by members of the moshav. The crumbling mosque, with its three-portico arched entry, is at the end of a dirt road amid heavily overgrown underbrush strewn with rubble from former buildings. The former school has been turned into a warehouse.
Israeli official name: The former village site of ‘Amqa bears no official name, and does not appear on contemporary maps of Israel.