KHIRBET HŌSHA – HAIFA DISTRICT
32°47′35″N / 35°8′37″E
1948: Population 464; Houses 121
Occupation date: April 16, 1948
Occupying forces: Carmeli Brigade
Occupation operation: Ramat Yoḥanan Battle
Post 1948: After occupation, the Carmeli units beat off repeated counterattacks by the Arab Liberation Army and subsequently leveled the village.25 Village land was annexed to the Arab town of Shefa-‘Amr.
Today: Partial remains of several walls and arched windows of former houses stand amid cacti and the rubble of the former village. A Maqām (shrine) and the cemetery remain in an overgrown quarter of the land. The Usha and Ramat Yoḥanan kibbutzim are currently on the village land. The village site is within the JNF’s Kiryat Ata Forest and Gush Alonim National Park.
Official Israeli name: Hurbat Usha (the Hebrew ancient name of the place). The former village of Khirbet Hōsha does not appear on contemporary maps of Israel.