AL-TĪRA – HAIFA DISTRICT
32°45′50″N / 34°58′36″E
1948: Population 6,113; Houses 624 (1931; including al-Tīra Station, Neuhardhof, Kafr Smīr Station, al-Kababīr)
Occupation date: July 16, 1948
Occupying forces: Israeli Navy; Golani, Carmeli, and Alexandroni Brigades
Occupying operation: Ten-days battles
Post 1948: In 1948 two immigrant camps were established in al-Tīra, later to be absorbed into the town of Tirat HaCarmel, which included the village site; Kibbutz HaḤotrim was established on village land. In 1949 Moshav Megadim was established on village land and the youth village Kfar Galīm and Beyt Tzvi school in 1953.
Today: Several houses remain standing. The untended cemetery rests beside the road of the kibbutz. The village school is now used by Israeli students. Part of the village site is within Mount Carmel National Park.
Official Israeli name: None. The former village of al-Tīra does not appear on contemporary maps of Israel.