YĀLU – AL RAMLA DISTRICT
31°50′27″N / 35°1′33″E
1967: Population 1,644 (1961); Houses 245 (1931)
Occupation date: June 7, 1967
Occupying forces: Israeli Defense Force (IDF)
Occupying operation: Six-Day War
Post 1967: At the end of the Six-Day War, following the annexation of the Latrun salient, through which part of the main Tel Aviv–Jerusalem highway runs, the villages of Yālu and ‛Imwās were demolished in advance of the creation of the Canada Park, established in 1968 by the Jewish National Fund (JNF) of Canada over an area of 79,000 acres.
Today: The village is completely destroyed and the rubble scattered. Walled terraces remain throughout the park, planted with fig trees, almonds, carob, and cactus. On one hilltop a doorway in a stone-walled façade leads into a former house cave. Several dozen unmarked, ringed, oblong graves are clustered by the side of a path and well.
Official Israeli name: None. The former village of Yālu does not appear on contemporary maps of Israel. The village is part of the Canada Park, also known as Ayalon Park.